Don't forget your broom.....



Hi everyone, it's just a week and a half before the party! Our list of guests is growing and I'm still getting last minute sign ups so I think we should have a wonderful turn out. If you are here to sign up just scroll down to the previous post or click HERE and add your info in the comment section.

I know some of you are already starting to put your parties together and they look amazing! I know I need to seriously decide on what I want to do. I've had so many ideas that I finally need to choose one. I'm doing a little baking today and my kitchen smells like fresh mint so I'm definitely getting into the witchy mood.

Did you know the Practical Magic look is making a comeback? There are a few style links on the sidebar that feature Sally and Gillian's witchy style. I have always loved long skirts and I have two from a few years back that are similar to the printed one Sally wears when Gary comes over for pancakes, and also the green one she's wearing the morning the Aunts and the girls come back from the Solstice celebration.

What I really love though, are the Aunts' vintage outfits, the suits they wear when they're out walking through town with Sally and the dresses in the same scene again when they come back from the festival, are my favorites. Love all the romantic detail and embellishments and even their cute little vintage bags.


I also love the use of different shades of green in Sally's shop and also on her outfits. It's still one of my favorite colors as you can probably tell from the look of this page. I hope you're enjoying putting your party posts together. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Quick reminders: our party is a week from Saturday, on September 24. If you can, please post your party sometime on the 23rd as we have a few international participants. Please share something that relates to the Practical Magic movie or book, your personal interpretation or creative projects and stories. If you have a shop with items that relate to the PM theme (art, botanicals, candles, witchy fashion or jewelry, etc) you can mention it in your post but please do not just create a post that only advertises your shop.

When your post is up don't forget to come back here and add your permalink. This will keep an archive of all the party posts and that way anyone can come back and visit after the party. Again I realize that stuff happens and sometimes plans don't always work out. If you signed up and can't participate please just let me know as soon as you can so I can take your name off the list.

That's it for now. I hope you're enjoying perfect fall weather where you are. Autumn officially starts on Friday the 23rd so our party is sure to be magical.


3 comments:

AlphaBetsy said...

I am so excited to finish my post and to see what everyone else comes up with. I am fond of nice long skirts myself and the fact that they are currently in style is fantastic.

Can't wait until the 24th, well the 23rd, but you know what I mean.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm have to stop myself from posting my post too early, so you can say that I'm VERY excited. My broom is fueled and ready to take me to the party! Seen you soon ;-)

Wandering Gypsie said...

i've scheduled my post. i however can't get the link until it goes live on the 23rd. but i'll be sure to post it then. if you know how i can get the link beforehand i'll post it ^_^